An Introduction
First Post: Introduction
Hi Blogsters!
My name is Simon. I'm British but I've lived abroad for most of my adult life in Spain, Chile and China. Chile is the country where I've spent the most time - about 22 years in total. I come from a big family, I have 8 brothers and sisters, but I have a small family here in Chile. I am an English teacher but I did many other jobs when I was younger, from dish-washer to DJ to Laboratory Technician.
I have lots of hobbies and I seldom have enough time to do them all on any sort of proper schedule. I love to make music. I mainly make electronic music but I sometimes mix in acoustic instruments. I use a a tool called Ableton Live which is an amazing piece of software that can convert your PC into a professional recording device. I also love to read and I have hundreds of books. Recently I bought a Kindle so my library is finally becoming digital. I still prefer to hold and read a book (I'm very old school) but a Kindle is brilliant if you are travelling or want to read in low light. I also love to cook, especially if it is for pleasure (rather than necessity). For the last few years I've followed a plant-based diet so I've had to learn many vegan recipes. Indian curry is one of my specialities. Talking photos and shooting videos is another hobby but it is usually associated with some trip or special occasion. I used to do more photography when I was younger but nowadays I give preference to music making. This is a photo I took in Valparaiso some years back.
Other hobbies include walking (especially in natural places like National Parks or Nature reserves), watching and playing football, cycling, and practicing TaiChi, Qi gong and Yoga.
So, I said I had a lot of hobbies:) How about you?
1. Work with a classmate and translate your teacher's text.
2. Write a short text to introduce yourself.
Say:
Where you are from,
What you do and why,
Talk about 2 hobbies or free time activities you enjoy.
Try to write at least 150 words.
3. Write a comment on your Teacher's post and on the posts of all your classmates.

I never went to Valparaiso :0
ReplyDeleteIt´s a great city. I used to enjoy going there. I hope covid hasn´t changed it too much.
Deleteit a good blog, i´m a old school too, i don't like too much the digital book. What is your favorite book? what is it about?
ReplyDeleteMy favourite book is called ¨Titus Groan¨by Mervyn Peake. It´s described as a gothic novel but I think it´s a lot more than that.
DeleteHi teacher, i hope you are okey, Also i really like to read and i think the kindle is very useful for the free time in trip!
ReplyDelete